One of the coolest things about living and working in Hollywood is the fact that there are so many unique things to do during the holidays, and Halloween is when Hollywood pulls out all the punches. If you heart a good scare be sure to check out the following:
1. Old Town Haunt in Pasadena. This award-winning walk-through attraction lead guest through the haunted basement of one of the oldest buildings in Old Town, the Union Saving Bank Building. Click here to check it out OldTownHaunt.
2. If you heart Universal movies you're gonna heart Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. It's here that you get to walk through the actual sets of some of the scariest movies of all time including The Bates Motel from the Psycho film. Click here for more info: Universal
3. A really unique attraction in Hollywood is the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride. Each night a different celebrity (inluding Linda Blair) escorts you on this scary hay ride into the woods. Located at King Gillette Ranch, an area know for hosting the most prestigious parties in all of LA, this event threatens to scare the living crap out of you. For More info click here: Hayride
4. Knott's Scary Farm. Knott's first tricked out it's park 37 years ago and it's been building ever since. There are 6 stage shows and 13 mazes to scare you to death. Click here for more info: Haunt
5. Fright Fest at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Hunted Mansions, scary mazes and even a 3d lair....this place has it all. Click here for more info: Scream Park
6. The Haunted Queen Mary (formally "TerrorFest"). This ship offers one of the larges, darkest, and most ominous Halloween events in LA primarily because of the creepy factor that houses it, The Queen Mary, a Haunted vessel set in Long Beach Harbor.
Check it out here: Queen
And honerable mentions go to Disneyland for it's scary themeing of the Haunted Mansion and cool Halloween Fireworks display.
If you are into Haunted Houses, be sure to check out the following:
THE EMPTY GRAVE (formerly The Haunted Cellar) Anaheim Garden Walk EMPTY GRAVE
321 W. Katella Avenue Anaheim, CA 92802 Phone: (714) 496-0744
THEATRE 68′S HAUNTED HOUSETheatre 68
5419 Sunset Blvd., west of Western Hollywood, CA Phone: (323) 960-7827
I Heart Halloween in Hollywood